Friday, August 5, 2011

After a month of no updates:

Yeah yeah, I know, no need to tell me that I'm terrible with keeping my fellow bloggers updated. But before getting all angry, let me explain... First, I have no internet access at home. Second, I've been so excited since I finished up radiation that I totally forgot I had a blog...Yes, I know I'm terrible, but I promise to post updates as soon as I have full internet access. For the moment, I will have to continue coming to the Melissa City Library to upload my posts. Besides it being nasty hot outside, I do not have any complaints. So before I start rambling on with my stuff, I hope and pray that all is well for YOU!

My last day of Radiation was July 14th-Radiation Session number 31. There were only suppose to be 30 sessions, but the doctor insisted that 1 more session would be beneficial. Okay! Sure, they're the specialist so maybe they're right! After a long, yet short 6 weeks of radiation I was so excited to complete radiation. The last day of radiation was full of mixed emotions. I was happy, then sad, then happy again. Walking back to the radiation room was a little weird. As I walked into the room, I took a long look at the radiation table that I had layed on the past month and a half. I closed my eyes and prayed to God for that to be the last time I would have to lay down on that bed. After being locked down on the table and having my mask adjusted, I began counting down the minutes/seconds to be done. My heart began beating really really fast after 10 minutes when I heard the machine stop and the nurse walk in. The next few words that came out of her mouth made my eyes tear up. Those words were "You're all done!" Those were the words I had been waiting to hear since the first day I walked into that room.

I was happy to complete radiation because that meant no more protons getting shot up into my brain. But I was also sad, because I was scared of what followed: Chemotherapy. I had done so well during radiation and I felt amazing. Like you all know, I had almost no crazy side effect with radiation-Thank you Jesus. No throw up, no nausea, and no weight loss-DARN :( I mean yeah I lost my hair and all, but I had mentally prepared for that for the past 3 months. So that was no biggy. I keep reminding myself of how scared I was to start radiation and how it wasn't as bad as I had planned it out to be. I pray to God that in a couple of weeks after my first chemo, I can say the same thing. I have faith that God will continue guiding me and helping me through my treatment. I shall not fear...

After my last radiation on July 14th, I got to go home for my 5 week break...Yippy~ As my break comes to an end, it's hard not to get emotional and sad about having to leave once again. I officially have 11 more days of vacation until I have to go back to St. Jude. I've already received my intense schedule for when I return and it doesn't look fun at all...MRI's, CT Scans, Spinal Taps, EKG-(Placing of a double hickman line), and Chemo. The list goes on and on, but hey you get the point. Yeah it sounds terrible and all, but I know it'll go by faster than I can imagine. I'm positve that I will one day look back and be like..."hey, that wasn't all that bad afterall..."

Funny note: Recently, I have noticed that I talk to myself alot. I motivate and tell myself that I will be okay. But hey, if I don't tell myself who will...Nah just kidding, I know I have a LOT of people cheering for me and I truly appreciate that. God sent me a wonderful cheerleading squad, and now I must Fight to WIN!

So I bought Wig #2 and it's even more amazing than Wig #1. It's long and brown! Check it out on Facebook and tell me whatcha think ;) But let me tell you something....Wigs are hot! Not sexy hot, but temperature hot! I'm mean they're sexy hot too, but way more temp. hot hot! I plan on building up my collection to about 5 wigs. And no I'm not plannng on getting a blonde wig...I know I'm a blonde in the inside, but I will never be a blonde on the outside. Anywho...Wigs are not only fun to play with but they make me feel confident and pretty. Not gonna lie, I still get hit on every now and then at the grocery store lol! Only if they knew I had a sexy bald head under all that hair... but shhh...it's a secret for all those people out there who don't know I'm bald.

Okay, so I think by now you should be fully updated. A lot has happened these past couple of weeks, but if I wrote down every detail I would never stop typing. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I took a week long trip to Lubbock to visit all my peeps! I loved being able to walk through campus again and talk to all my wonderful professors. I also got to spend time with Mr. Sooby...who made sure to make my trip to Lubbock enjoyable. Thanks Bud! Loved seeing: Miranda, AJ, Chris, Derek, Dr. Mann, Dr. Duran, and Brandy! You guys are the best!
Lastly, I would like to thank my cousin Noel and his family for taking the time to host two fundraisers for me. His sister Maria, my cousin, died a couple of years ago from throat cancer. For many she may have lost the battle, but in my heart and through my eyes she is a winner. She is a champion in heaven and my hero on earth. I know that wherever she may be, she is watching over me and giving me the strength to fight. I am not fighting this battle alone or for myself. I fight this battle for the two of us. We miss you Maria. Thank you Noel for being a blessing in my life and for always reminding me that I am not alone. I love you.

To all, I wish the best~ Happy Summer and God bless :)

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling that bald or not any man would be blessed to have you in their life! You should absolutely yank it off when you get hit on....lol
    Your story is incredible and I thank you for taking time to share it with the world. You are an inspiration to so many!!! Keep the faith. Praying for you from Dallas, TX
    Delia

    ReplyDelete