Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ready or Not...here I come!

As I sit here listening and poorly singing along to songs from The Phantom of the Opera movie, I came across one of my favorite songs “The Point of No Return.” It’s funny because as I prepare to go into my next round of chemo, I am reminded that there is no turning back…I have past the “point of no return…” As much as I wish I could forget this experience, I know I never will. Cancer is one of the few things in life that has the power to change you. I may think of myself as the same person, but I know I’m not…I look at myself in the mirror and although I see many physical changes, I am blinded by all the emotional changes that I see. I take another good look in the mirror and I notice a different girl who appears to be a fighter, strong believer, and confident in herself. I look again and again until I convince myself that it’s me, just a little different. That’s what cancer does to you…it turns you into someone different, someone better and stronger, and someone you never thought you could be. Months ago, I thought this experience would break me and crush me into a million pieces, but I guess I was wrong. For all those going through rough times, remember what doesn’t break you only makes you stronger. And also don’t forget, you’re never alone.

I’m happy to announce that I am officially halfway done with chemotherapy! I never thought this day would come so soon. Since we are at midpoint, doctors wanted to run tests to make sure radiation and chemotherapy have been working. This past week we had MRI Brain/Spine, Spinal Tap, and blood work. It was a long painful week but well worth the fabulous news. ALL looks great, no evidence of disease, which means treatment is working!!!! Thank you Heavenly Father…For I know you are watching over me now and always.

Since everything looks great, we will be continuing on with round 3 & 4 of treatment. I go inpatient for round 3 tonight, so wish me luck and pray that all goes well. I think I’m ready, but…then I don’t! No one can ever be ready for this stuff…you just have to go in there and do it.

Well this wasn’t meant to be a very long post…I just wanted to write a few words before going into round 3. Thanks to my lovely, Derek Sooby, I now have an iPad so I’m sure to have a very entertaining 5-day stay at the hospital this time around. It’s a great device and I’m in love with it! It was a very thoughtful early Christmas and Anniversary present from my Derek. After 3 long years with this respectful young man, I have nothing else to say but that “he’s wonderful.” Thanks for everything :)

Wishing everyone a wonderful week and life full of light and joy! Love you all! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment