Friday, April 1, 2011

The Beginning:

Praise the Lord, my soul, and never forget all the good he has done: He is the one who forgives all your sins, the one who heals all your diseases." Psalms 103:2-3


Life can change in a matter of seconds…sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. My life changed approximately a month ago when I got diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor bigger than a golf ball. At first, I thought God was trying to punish me for something I had done wrong. I didn’t really know how to explain to myself why God would allow something like this to happen to me. I felt lost and confused and I didn’t know who to turn to. I just wanted to run and pretend like this was all a bad dream. I’ve always been the type of person who likes to be prepared for everything and anything. I’m a big time planner and organizer. If you asked me what my plans were for the next 3 years, I could tell you exactly what I would be doing day by day. However, in the middle of all this planning and stressing out about the little things in life, I lost my connection with God. I forgot that God comes first always. God is amazing and has wonderful powers that I regret not being able to see before.

After this realization, I now see my situation as a change for the better; a change that is going to give me the opportunity to get closer to God. My relationship with God has taken a turn. These past couple of weeks, God and I have been closer than ever before and it’s such a wonderful feeling. God has kept me strong and motivated and I have a strong feeling that God is going to continue to carry me through this process. God heals, you just have to ask with faith.



I wanted to start a blog so that maybe someone out there who is going through my same situation knows they’re not alone. I’m a college student about to start graduate school and I’ve been diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumor. Not only is this blog going to allow me to communicate with my loved ones, but it’s also going to give me the opportunity to share my journey with the world. I will fight through this disease so that I may one day give my testimony. I have faith that God will heal me and that I’m now in his hands. Thanks for keeping up with my blog and please feel free to post comments or ask questions.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful updates Ellie, keep up the "good work" and spreading the "good news" Love Laura

    ReplyDelete