Saturday, April 2, 2011

My first symptoms

My symptoms started about 2 months ago. I would wake up in the morning with some wacky headaches. As a college student, you stay up late and don’t really get good nutrition, so I just blamed it on that. The headaches I would get weren’t your normal headaches. I would describe the pain more like someone squeezing the top of my head with both their hands. I would take some Tylenol for the pain, and then I would feel good for the rest of the day. I decided to start eating a better breakfast thinking that would fix the problem, and honestly I think it did for a bit. I started to feel better in the mornings; headaches were still present, but just not as bad.

One Sunday morning, I woke up around 5a.m. with terrible dizziness. I remember trying to open my eyes, and not being able to focus my eyes on the alarm clock. My eyes were just rolling back and forth. It was scary! With the dizziness and crazy eye movements, I got really nauseous. I tried sleeping it off, but 2 hours later I woke back up with the same feeling. The second time I woke up, I decided to go to the bathroom to see if I would throw-up. Sorry if this is too much information for you! I’m not the type of person to vomit when I’m sick, so when I actually threw up I was so proud of myself. I felt better after throwing up, but I knew that there was something wrong. A couple minutes later, I crawled back into bed and started to run a fever. I got the chills and then got really sweaty. All day, I had no appetite and just wanted to sleep.

I called my mom that morning, and like any worried mother she told me to go to the doctor. It was Sunday, so of course I had to wait to go to the doctor until Monday. I decided to go to the Texas Tech Wellness Center because it’s affordable and fairly quick. I saw a Texas Tech doctor and explained to him what was going on. He explained to me, that because this was a headache I had never experienced before, I should probably get an MRI.

No comments:

Post a Comment