I had my first MRI at A1 Imaging in Lubbock on Tuesday, April 5th. I had never had an MRI done before, so I was a little nervous. I started doing some research, and I came to find out that MRI’s weren’t really all that bad if you’re not claustrophobic, which I’m not. So that made me feel better! Doctor ordered an MRI of the brain with and without contrast. Contrast? Contrast Dye is given through an ivy and enhances the MRI scan images.
After telling my parents about me getting an MRI, they decided to make a trip to Lubbock to go with me. I remember telling them not to worry about driving to Lubbock because of crazy gas prices, but of course they didn’t listen to me.
MRI was fast and easy. Mom went in the room with me and we were out in less than an hour. MRI results were to be given in 72 hours. (Friday)
The next day Wednesday, April 6th I received a phone call from the Texas Tech Wellness Center telling me that my doctor wanted to see me because he had received my MRI results. My family and I were happy that results had come in sooner, so right away we went to the Texas Tech Wellness Center to talk to the doctor.
When I got to the Wellness Center, my dad and Derek stayed in the waiting area, while my mom and I were taken back to see my doctor. The doctor didn’t look very happy when he came in. His eyes looked sad and worried. He sat down and told me…”We were hoping not to find anything serious, but unfortunately we did.” He started rambling with crazy medical terms, which we didn’t really understand. Then all of the sudden, the words “Brain Tumor” came out. “Bigger than a golf ball” he said. I looked at my mom who was just looking down, not knowing what to say or think. I remember telling her, “Mom, Everything is going to be okay…we’re going to figure things out. I’ll be okay. Don’t worry.” It was a very emotional moment for my mom and I. After talking to my dad and Derek about the situation, tears and hugs were passed.
My family decided that we needed to seek medical help in a bigger city like Dallas. We decided to pack up my stuff that day and leave for Dallas. The hardest part was leaving my college life. The college life I had been living for the past 3 years. No more Texas Tech, no more Accounting, no more Graduate School, no more AKPsi, no more SBC, and no more seeing Derek everyday. It wasn’t easy, but I have faith to be back in no time! God is amazing and I know he has great plans for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment